zondag 3 oktober 2010

Waking up early, but it's all for the movie...

If you ever thought of becoming an extra, I don't think today is the day I will talk you in.

I have to wake up at 4:30 AM, that's still night to get to Ghent at 6:30 to get my hair done, make-up and get dressed in my sixties clothes. I'll love it tomorrow but today I'm almost freaking out. I'm not a morning person but 4:30 is just still night. Thank God someone will pick me up and I don't have to take the train of 4 AM, imagine that...

My cheeks are exploding and my adrenaline is just a bit too high. It's all very exciting but the thought of waking up so early makes it a bit less exciting. I may not think about the fact that the day after it can be the same. And then I've one day of recovery and then it's waking up at 6 AM again.

Last week was unforgettable. I think I'll never be on a movie set like this again, as I still don't know how long I'll be able to be an extra. Surrounded by 80 other extras dressed up in great clothes & great hair. Wow, just wow. I even got goosebumps on a certain moment and the only thing I could think of was: "What a year I'm having, what a unforgettable year I'm having!" I would have never done all those things if I wasn't fired.

So on the first of October I officially registered myself as "jobless", a weird experience to be in that building with hundreds of people, also without a job. The woman before me also was new so we had a nice chat as we didn't know to which desk we had to go, what kind of papers we needed etc. It turned out I had everything I needed so that was fine, even the woman behind the desk was surprised that my ex boss fill in the papers on such a good way. Well, that's the least they could do as I was the "easy" person who got fired, I even gave them some helpful advice and it seems they appreciated it. Someone even put an important letter in my mailbox, instead of sending it with the post so I would get it at the first of October. I was kind of touched by that because it was a very nice surprise, that I never expected :)

So next week there's a selection procedure for a job I hadn't applied to yet but wanted to. They did contact me themselves, which is nice I guess. It's also weird as the boss there is my ex boss who went away 3 months before I got fired. He knows everything about me, I think that's good or that also could be bad as I had a conflict with my team boss when I left. At least I know he didn't agree with me getting fired because he always liked me as a lawyer & as person we also had a good relationship.

We'll see how it goes.  

In the meanwhile it's glamour & glitter, playing business woman and doctor for the new telenovela.

Doesn't sound boring to me, doesn't it?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten