dinsdag 26 oktober 2010

So another week...

And what do we do on a Monday evening? Putting on fake eye lashes, trying out some make-up and trying what you can do with your hair now it's kind of "very" short. It's for a birthday party on Sunday and as it will be Halloween, the birthday girl suddenly decided we need to dress up...



Oh.. Hmmm...Ok. If you want me to dress up. I will, but it will be my kind of dressing up...

I like to dress up as in putting on a prom dress or a cocktail dress or (of course) dressing myself as someone from the sixties for a movie! But dressing myself as an animal, nurse, (doctor I don't mind as I played a doctor a few times in the new telenovela and that was fun), a witch or some stupid character from a book or a movie, no, I don't like that. Minnie Mouse for example is lovely, but not if you have to look like her.

The fact is, we don't celebrate Halloween and we only know it because of the movies and the stories we once heard from other people. Those "other" people live not in Belgium but in the US. Another fact is that if you tell people to dress up in something or someone, nobody does and your evening will be spend sitting there feeling kind of stupid in your cat suit or blue wig :)

But anyway, if they want me to dress up, I will, no problem. But don't expect me to walk into the room as an animal. Sixties woman it will be! With this outfit I will look a bit different but not weird if everyone decides to come in a jeans and t-shirt.

The rest of the day was spend with reading legal letters I once wrote to my clients and made a few fake ones for myself to see if I can still write good letters. Tomorrow more practice and some laws that I want to read. Yes, there is another job interview. It's for a temporary job but I've the feeling it could be a very interesting one. It's not that I've already another job so I'm going to take what I can. They even don't pay me as a master in law but as a bachelor. But that's almost 400 euro more than I would get from the government. Interesting!! Last week I got a mail that I did fail the selection test, the day before my birthday, which wasn't a surprise at all... I still don't get it why you need to do a mathematics test for a legal job. I felt bad for 5 seconds and then realized that this isn't the kind of job I'm looking for. Don't let me work with numbers or statistics because it will kill me and the firm I'll work for..

It was nice to finally get a phone call after sending out mails, yes, mails. For every 10 mails I send out, I get 1 phone call, which means: not many...

Well, I guess that's the life of a jobless lawyer.. I can't change it, I only can prepare myself for a good interview and keep writing mails!

Go, go go!!!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten