woensdag 27 oktober 2010

Job interviews feels like exams & dating!

Oh, what do I hate them!

Job interviews are like dating & exams. You can think it went OK, but it can turn out different. Like on a date, you think there is a "match" after a lovely evening but the day after you wait for a phone call and nothing happens. The day after you still wait for a phone call and still nothing happens. After a week you think you imagined everything and when you text the person to ask if he would like to have a drink, there's only silence.

After an exam, you think: I think I answered all the questions right and after a few hours you realize you made a mistake.

I just had this feeling, I think I made a mistake in the first question! Thank God there are 4 other questions, but still... The questions were filled in without a name, with a number, so they don't know who is behind the questions. At the end of the day they will now, but still. They know I don't have experience with question one... At least the oral part was good. I could answer every question and I feel very good about my responses...

I must say the interview was wacko. When I arrived there was sitting another woman also waiting. I think I've seen her on university many years ago, also in the law department. She wasn't friendly and seemed very nervous. When a woman came to get us, she acted like a shy person while I was talking and answering the person's questions. The woman first gave us some info and while I looked at her, interested, the other candidate kept looking at her papers and didn't respond on what the woman of the firm was saying.

They put us together in a small room, together! So wrong! I don't think it's OK to put 2 candidates in one wrong to prepare for a written test. Anyway, the candidate refused to look at me and when she did, she tried to kill me with her eyes. No problem with that, I'm not open for those things. People can't get me freaked out by this, in contrary.

So when they came to get me for the interview, they said I could leave my papers there. NO WAY! And the other candidate could look into them!! So I took them with me. I just don't get that they couldn't think of that themselves. Obvious they don't things like this all the time. We even had to write out our answers, normally you get a computer to type them out...

Wacko...

Now the waiting can begin, I only know there are a lot of other candidates but the interview was very good and ignoring that stupid question one and the fact that I would have preferred not to write my answers (of course I had to write a few mistakes and change them) it went good. I'm not going to think that I have the job, I thought this after my first interview but seemed to be a dating experience. "I'm going to call you very soon" and then I never heard of him again...

Yeah yeah, the struggle for a job, oh the joy!   ...not...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten